Open Water Scuba Instructor
If you have a passion for scuba diving and you want an extraordinary life, become a PADI Instructor!
Teaching scuba diving allows you to share your love of the aquatic world with others while doing what you love – being in, around and under water. PADI Instructors are the most sought-after dive professionals around the world.
Open Water Scuba Instructor are allowed to teach all PADI courses up to Divemaster. To become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) you need to complete a PADI Instructor Developent Course or IDC.
What will you learn?
PADI Instructor Theory
- You will see presentations about Marketing, Risk Management, PADI Standards and more.
- You will learn how to organize and conduct PADI Programs including Discover Scuba Diving, Open Water Course, Advanced Course, Rescue Diver Course and Divemaster Course.
- You will learn how to do a classroom presentation “PADI style”
- You will practice all skills from the PADI Open Water Course, Advanced Course and Rescue Course. “Demonstration quality”.
- You’ll learn how to teach PADI courses in the ‘pool or confined water’ in practical workshops. How to do briefing and debriefing, correct your students mistakes, how to position your students and much more.
Open water sessions
- You will learn how to teach PADI courses in the ‘open water’. How to do a briefing , controlling your students in open water, taking care of the environment, using your Divemaster etc.
- You will do a workshop on how to conduct Discover Scuba Diving in open water.
- You will do a workshop on teaching skills from the Advanced Open Water course.
- You will take part in a Rescue Scenario to practice your rescue skills.